Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My mother's quilts part 2

Here are three more of my mother's quilts. The first one is so gorgeous. It is colorful and full of fun fabrics that she collected over the years.












The second one is cat fabrics for all you cat lovers.













The third one is on my bed every night. I love the hearts on it. I wish you could see the hand quilting, tiny even stitches.













My mother continues to be in the rehab unit of the hospital. She isn't progressing as quickly as we would have liked. She has had a few setbacks. I am not sure what it will be like for her when she comes home. I am trying to set things up for her to come home. She will have to have someone with her 24 hours a day. I am going every day usually in the afternoons to help her with her dinner. It is hard to get excited about Christmas when you have so many other things on your mind.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Sounds like you've joined the 44.4 million person army of caregivers. I'm so sorry for your mom and you. While we want to care for our loved ones, it can be difficult. Do lots of reading on how to care for yourself during this time. And lots of prayers that your mom will recover soon.

Char said...

Being a caregiver for one's parents is an extremely difficult situation for both of you. Take care of yourself in the process. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers and thoughts.

Tonya Ricucci said...

that first quilt is loads of fun. sorry to hear about your mom. thinking good thoughts for both of you.

Dionne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I wish her peace! Her quilts are pretty!

Audrey said...

You've been tagged!! Come to my blog, and get the tag!

jovaliquilts said...

What a treasure of quilts from your mother! I'm so sorry she's not doing well. If you end up taking care of her, please take time for yourself, too.

julieQ said...

I am so glad you have your mother's quilts to enjoy! I recently showed my mom's quilts on my blog too. Please take a little time to care for yourself too, and I hope you have a wonderful new year! Best wishes for your mother's health.