Monday, August 17, 2009

Gwen's pinwheels

I finished my second quilt top yesterday. I have not quilted either of the two I made last week but I am going to do something very simple.



















I used Gwen Marston's liberated pinwheels. Someone asked last week what was the most inspiring book we had seen. I have to say any of Gwen's books but particularly her Liberated Quiltmaking. This is straight out of that book. I was not going to add striping but I noticed in her book that she did and it really highlights the color and movement of the pinwheels.





















I love the color and action in this quilt.

I was looking for some inspiration last week. I have at least one more quilt to make for my DIL. Our minister asked us yesterday were we smart or wise I don't claim to be either one but I have been thinking I could make some blocks and have them ready when anyone in my family asks for a quilt. If you have never been to Cluck Cluck Sew please go. I have some cute nursery rhyme fabric and what Allison was doing works great. Isn't this cute? Allison is so creative!




















Here is a close up. I was thinking I could make a block or two when I have time and then put them together when I need to.





















I got my little boys back today and I am tired tonight. Sewing and quilting will have to take a backseat to my two little men.

7 comments:

Lurline said...

Great quilts! Oh, I wish I had bought Liberated Quiltmaking when it was about, everywhere - too expensive now!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

oh I love that quilt top......

Barb said...

Love your quilt.....

Tonya Ricucci said...

very cute !

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love the bright colors in the pin wheel quilt. I use Gwen's books frequently

Marit said...

Lovely pinwheels! And I do love what you did with those nursery rhyme squares! I have something a bit like those cooking, in christmas fabrics, will post a bout them later...
; )

Browndirtcottage said...

I like the pinwheel block too and making up some extra blocks for future gifts is a good idea!!!