Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

What an interesting holiday this has been. We had two of our children and their whatevers here. A wonderful time was had by all (I hope). I did a lot of cooking and they did a lot of eating.

I was so surprised when I opened my Christmas gift yesterday. Vintage Fiestaware!! I love all the colors and I love the fact that it is old and someone else used and enjoyed it. Isn't it fantastic?





















We live in an area that does not get a lot of snow but when a coastal low forms we can be surprised. All of the weather reports yesterday were warning of 6 to 10 inches and they were not wrong. We woke up to snow this morning and it has been snowing all day.





















Our daughter and her boy friend from Indiana were scheduled to fly out Monday but they became concerned yesterday that they might not be able to leave. So we spent Christmas day taking them to the airport. I was so disappointed that they had to leave but what are you going to do.

I hope all my blogging friends had a wonderful day and I wish you great sewing in the New Year.

6 comments:

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Oh True Blue!! I L.O.V.E. your present.... I've seen a bit of Fiestaware around our thrift shops too! My Mum used to have a whole set of it!! We had the mustard coloured set.

Looks like you are surrounded by snow.... we are surrounded by water.... it has NOT stopped raining for days! Lucky for us, we are at the top of a big hill but many areas in Queensland are in flood. Our home is so high up that we are "in the clouds" and my whole house is damp. We had a humid and damp Xmas day but today is cool, but still damp!

Enjoy the rest of the holiday! I sewed all of Boxing Day and today I will sew some more - heaven!!

elle said...

Wow, wonerfull dinnerware. I never see any fiesta ware but if I did I'd spend quilting money on it. We had a lovely white and happy day with the grand kiddies!

Clare said...

I commented on the photo onFB, but I had to comment again. I love the colours!

Carol E. said...

Beautiful dishes! What a lovely surprise. I just had to laugh when you said "our children and their whatevers." I have the same dilemma...what to call them. If they'd do the traditional thing it would be easier on this old mom.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wow, that is fab fiestaware!!! eek on the snow and trying to get on an airplane - I just keep seeing news reports about how bad the travel has been over the holidays. glad you're safe at home!

June Calender said...

Just discovered your blog via Times Goes By. Love the beautiful wool for the scarves. I'm a quilter and can't knit at all but certain appreciate those colors. And the colors of the Fiesta Ware! Wow! Lucky lady.