Thursday, April 22, 2010

Progress

I am surprised at how quickly this cars and trucks quilt top went together. I tried to use some liberated ideas. I really like the big blocks of color. I am ready to put the quilt sandwich together this afternoon and hopefully start machine quilting soon.


































Lately I have been machine quilting parallel lines. I do wish I could become more proficient and learn to free motion. I have tried it and maybe all I need to do is practice. I don't want the quilting to dominate the design but highlight.

I am not showing all of this quilt because it is a gift. I need to do the binding and this will be finished. I love the design and I hope the person that is getting it will too!!





















A bit of good news. My daughter in law is on her way home from London! We will all be relieved when she gets home.

6 comments:

nanaofnc said...

I really love the quirky off squareness of your quilt! I do the horizontal machine lines too. I've practiced the free-motion quilting, but once I put the project at the machine, I freeze up with fear. xo,

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Love the colourful car quilt; it's so happy!

Anonymous said...

Loving your quilt top! The colours are just fab - so bright and cheery.

Glad to hear your daughter-in-law is on her way home. It's incredible how something so far away can cause so much chaos!

elle said...

The vehicles are nicely liberated.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

those little cars are so cute, what a fun quilt

Sharon said...

This quilt came out great! Bright and happy. Great job!

That free-motion does take practice. I'm not good at it yet...it's hard to loosen up enough to flow well. I always have a practice piece to loosen up on before I start on the "real" quilt!