Saturday, July 17, 2010

Starz and more

I have been sewing like a demon this week. I have spent hours in my sewing room and having a ball.
I love making these stars and today I was visiting Marit's blog and saw these cross blocks. I think they really complement the stars. They are easy to make but have a big impact. Visit her blog and look at the great things she has done.

I love the way these are turning out.




















I also made some Broken Dishes blocks. I love the ways you can put these together.
I am disappointed in this picture. They look much better in person, more impact. I might use them for a border or to fill in spots.
































One of my favorite little stars. I am experimenting with using rectangles rather than squares for the stars. Gwen Marston has some examples in her Liberated Quiltmaking II book.



















I am using mostly scraps for all the stars I have made. Fun to use them up.

My sweet Gus. We have a big bad summer thunderstorm coming and he does not like storms. He really does not like the thunder.



















I am making parts and my aunt and I are going to put her parts and mine together for a couple of quilts. I am planning some sawtooth and some spiky sawtooth border.

We are expecting temps in the high 90s, maybe even 100 this week. I am staying in and sewing!!

15 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, you are having a fun time.....you are a star machine....glad you get to do this and that you are having such fun.

Helen said...

Hi True Blue!!

LOVE your stars!!! The cross blocks look great mixed in with the stars. I went straight over to Marit's blog - don't you love her selvedge quilt!

It's a beautiful clear, crisp day here today, good sewing weather!

Have fun!

elle said...

I'm luving the colour! We're having lots of thunder as well!

Clare said...

I can see a wonderful "parts" quilt appearing. I love parts quilts.

Keep on having fun and stay out of the heat.

Tonya's Sewing Room said...

love your stars....your gus and my E would get along just fine, he hates it as well

Exuberant Color said...

That sounds like fun sharing parts for a couple quilts. You will probably get all kinds of ideas when you see the 2 sets together.

Tonya R said...

wonderful blocks!

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

林彥以林彥以 said...

讓好心情回味發酵;壞心情留在文字裡隨時間消逝吧!..................................................................

雅俊芬凱陳許 said...

More haste, less speed..................................................................

信豪信豪 said...

Learn wisdom by the follies of others.............................................................

Sharon said...

Wow, you're making stars like a maniac! They look wonderful, and they're so much fun. I like the look of the rectangles too. Fun!

The cross blocks go well with the stars. I'm trying to resist those cross blocks - we'll see how well I manage!

I think making a parts quilt or two would be so much fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

ToryO_Vis建銘 said...

愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。.................................................................