Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tigers are in the house

I have been plugging along with making my houses with the tigers in them. Unexpectedly I had a few hours this afternoon. I finished this house.



















I made this one the other day. I have six houses with tigers in them. I want to fill in with squares and stars. At least that is my idea.




















This is the first arrangement.


























I made a couple of more stars and a couple of nine patches and this is what I have now.


































Tell me what you think? I am drawn to the subtle colors. I want the houses to stand out not the stars or nine patches. Now I have to come up with a border. I am thinking maybe a green or blue, maybe a solid.

My creativity is really kicking in lately. I have all these ideas swirling around in my head. Does that happen to you?

I should have even more inspiration this weekend. I am going to the Durham Orange County Quilt show on Saturday with my aunt and cousin. I am so excited to see what other very accomplished quilters are doing.

5 comments:

elle said...

Good start. I'm hoping your creativity rubs off. I like the subtler combo as well.

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

It's all looking great True Blue!

I just LOVE those Tigers! Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Thank you so much for the beautiful fabric in the surprise parcel you sent me!!

Happy Sewing for the weekend!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have a notebook full of my creative ideas ... I figure if I make a few notes and sketch a few thoughts then I will be able to come back to that idea when the time is right. Sometimes it is enough just to get them on paper . . . having them in one place makes me feel better when I hit one of those "dry spells" when there aren't so many ideas.

Love your tiger work in progress!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Grr! tigers--so cute. And the charming little houses

Sharon said...

Your tiger houses are very cute! I like the colors you're using. I think what you've got here is working well. Keep going!