Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Moving On

We had a great time in Chicago. We visited the Field Museum and my grandson got to see the skeleton of the big dinosaur Sue. It is very interesting flying with a 4 year old. He was very good but you sure have to be patient.



















I am getting back into the swing of things. I am working on a quilt for the grandson of a friend of mine. He is due in May, so hopefully I will get it done. My inspiration is from Lady Havratine. Go look at her tutorial. It is great, goes fast and I love the way it looks.
































I finished hand quilting my Texas quilt last night and I have started on quilting my other grandsons quilt. I am doing the big stitch. Lori at the closest quilt shop to me quilts this way. It goes faster and looks pretty good.



















Please visit Lori's website. She has a great quilt shop and an online shop. She does it herself so the service is very personal.

I also have a very good friend who is doing children's clothes. You have to look at this site. She is a very talented young woman. The dress is so so cute! She is trying to get started so please go look. We drop the kids off at preschool and walk in the mornings. Well, as many as we can. The weather is finally cooperating.

We are all into basketball this time of year. Cheering on our beloved Tarheels. If you don't know who to pull for then pull for them. They have overcome some adversity this year and are really playing as a team.

Thanks so much for all the kind words from my blog friends.

4 comments:

Barb said...

So love the quilts.....

I love hearing about others grandchildren!

Lori R. said...

Thanks so much for the link to Cotton Fields on your blog!

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Welcome back to blogland Nancy! I love that "big" stitch - all by hand!!! I would love one of those quilting machines that does a "look alike" hand quilting stitch as I don't see myself doing any hand quilting ever again!

Travelling with a 4 year old..... hmmm, yes - patience is the word!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Did you travel by train? My daughter is in NC and I've always wondered what the train ride would be like.