Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Challenge Quilt

I am doing my local quilt shop, Cottonfields challenge.  This is my first challenge and yes I know I am not supposed to show it but I am so excited about it I cannot keep quiet.  This is part of it.  I have had so much fun with it.  You know I love making stars.






















This is another part of,  including the border.  I am enjoying spiky sawtooth borders these days.
























June is going to be such a busy month for us,  full of family time and beach time.  My cousin from Tennessee  is coming with her family this weekend.  I have my high school class reunion the following weekend,  don't ask how many years.  Fathers Day weekend my son from Charlotte and his wife are coming.  I am already tired!!  By the way,  my son won his neighborhood pie contest with a Key Lime Pie.  I hope we can talk him into making it for us.   The last weekend in June our daughter from Indiana will be here.  I love summer!!

I like to post pictures.  Since I could not show you more of my challenge wall hanging I will show you my huge hosta.  Somehow I have not done much yard work this spring. 

















Thanks for all the suggestions about my found nine patch squares.  I have several things going right now and I am not going to do anything with them until next fall. 

No comments: