Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Family minus one

We had a wonderful weekend with the whole family minus our daughter!!  We have several birthdays in May and June so our older son did  a Low Country Boil for us Saturday night.  What great fun! You put everything in a big pot.  When it is done you dump it out on the table and dig in.  It was really good. We had crabs, shrimp,  sausage,  potatoes, and corn. 



I have been working on the twin quilts this week.  I wanted to work at the beach but my little toe and the end of the bed had a run in!  How can something that seems so minor hurt so bad!

I finished the yellow twin quilt this week and put borders on both of them.  This is the blue one.










This is the one with the yellow print.   I have a cute coordinating print for the back.  The back of both of them will be the same.  The stars are the same in both of them too.



One question:  Is it twin quilts or quilts for twins!! 

A couple of weeks ago I had a high school class reunion.  If you want to get in touch with your place in the world,  go to your high school reunion!  It was wonderful.  How can folks that grew up in a small southern town following WW2 turn out so different.  It is amazing and a tribute to our parents and our community.  We were all fairly sheltered but so many of us have branched out and are doing fantastic things with their lives.  I don't regret still being here.  I regularly see folks I started school with.  I am very comfortable with where I am. 

Happy Summer to all!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I don't go to reunions...but glad you had a good time.....Your quilts turned out wonderfully!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I have to drive an hour to get a boil spread like you enjoyed...and I have to settle for Joe's Crab Shack, lol. Looks delicious!

Good job on the twin project.

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

I have never heard of a Low Country Boil before.... looks delicious!!

The twins twin quilts (say that fast 10 times!) look wonderful - great job!!

I have been to a few school reunions and always enjoy the day. At one of them I was the only one from my class who had not been divorced!! My BFF and I started in Glade 1 together and we are still the best of friends!