Thursday, March 19, 2009

B-ball and Spring

Not getting much sewing done these days, but I sure am enjoying all the basketball. The Tarheels won today and our beloved Tyler Hansbrough became the all time leading scorer in the ACC.














You see we all love Tyler.

After 5 gray cold days with drizzly rain we finally have some beautiful weather. Don't you just love the Bradford pears this time of year. They look like they are covered with a soft fluffy snow.














I think this is called redbud and is one of the first things to bloom in the woods. It is more purple than red and very subtle but beautiful. This picture was taken in my mothers yard.

We have wonderful news. She is coming home on Monday after 3 months in skilled nursing. I have arranged around the clock help for her. We are all excited to have her home again.
















In a few weeks we will have azaleas everywhere. Don't you just love spring?


4 comments:

Clare said...

it's gorgeous here too. The Camillia is about to flower!

Carol E. said...

I love spring except for my allergy to tree pollen. Thankfully my suffering only lasts 3-4 weeks out of the year.

jacquie said...

a tarheel win, mom coming home and spring around the corner. good things!!

Cher said...

our daffs are blooming but all the trees are still waiting here..for the most part anyway. good, good news about your mom!