Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW!!!

We have snow! That is a very unusual event for us. It is sleeting and snowing this morning. It is also very cold, well cold for us.
















If you are used to snow you would really laugh. Everyone is freaking. The grocery stores were slammed yesterday. No one is going anywhere today, everything is closed! What in the world do you do with the dogs when the weather is like this?

















We have plenty to eat and plenty of wine. I made a big pot of my own version of pasta fagioli that delicious soup from Olive Garden. I took my own chili recipe and added celery, carrots and small pasta. YUM!


















Thanks to Tonya for suggesting I call Gwen with my questions. I talked to her yesterday afternoon and she is so gracious and fun to talk with. I am so excited about working with her for a week. The website says the class is still open if anyone is interested. This is the link to Quilting Adventures.

And our sweet little boy is walking!! He will be one on Tuesday. He and his brother are so precious. The other grandparents are here this week so we get a break.




























We are expecting snow and sleet the rest of the day. Guess I will just have to sew!!

6 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Nine inches and counting!!.....still snowing over here....

Stay warm......LindaMay

elle said...

Cute kid! Did he take his first steps thru the fluffy stuff? Gee, no fair; we can never say oh, a day of sun and surf. lol

Barb said...

I just got up, must be hungry because you food looked awesome.

The little one is soooo cute!!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

Your grandson is adorable! They sure grow up fast.
We have had more snow today too, this is the longest we have had winter in the 28 years I have been living here. I'm ready for spring soon:-)

Sharon said...

Wow, that's quite a bit of snow! Snow day!! That's means Sew Day in my book...hope you can!

Isn't Gwen great to talk to? I'm jealous that you get to take her class. It sounds like fun. By the way, what was her answer to your question?? You left us hanging! Enquiring minds want to know!

prashant said...

The little one is soooo cute!! home based data entry