Friday, November 14, 2008

D9P

I finished a Disappearing Nine Patch top and I love the way it looks. I wasn't crazy about the print I used but I love the way it looks with the dark blue print. The D9P makes all kinds of patterns. It goes together quickly and looks much harder than it is. Now I have two tops to quilt. I guess that will be my goal next week. I still haven't started on my grandson's whale quilt.












We have had an interesting turn of events this week. Our daughter broke her engagement. I don't know if we saw it coming or not. We are in the process of making phone calls to see if we can get any of the deposits we have made back. you know just because something is for the best it doesn't mean it is easy or doesn't hurt. We have all been through a range of emotions this week. Our daughter is getting an MBA and is very busy. I think that
contributed to the demise of this relationship. His parents are good friends of ours and that makes it very difficult for everyone. We care a lot about the young man but we support our daughters decision.
I made these two little blocks and I really like them. They are more purple than it looks in the picture. I am wondering what to do with them. I need something to get really interested in.











6 comments:

jacquie said...

sorry about what your family is going through right now. i think those little blocks would make great potholders...i've got potholders on the brain.

Lurline said...

My thoughts are with you all at this time and am sure everyone will come to terms with your brave daughter's decision - best wishes to you all.
Love your DNP and hope to start mine today!
Hugs - Lurline!

Donna said...

the best decision is often not easy -- hope your daughter, her former fiance, your friends and you can all take the time to mourn this loss, and then find positive ways of moving forward...

jovaliquilts said...

Your square blocks are really fun -- love those colors.

Sorry to hear your family is having a hard week. I hope you and your daughter get through it and are soon able to move on.

Tonya Ricucci said...

hope everyone gets through this and comes out the other side as friends. fun blocks - you could keep making more, vary them a bit

em's scrapbag said...

Sorry for the upheaval in your life. But it is probably for the best and better now than latter. I've been wanting to do a d9p for some time now. Hopefully I can start it soon. Your log cabins are really fun.