Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Great Day

As a career educator today is a wonderful day. Barack Obama has achieved through hard work and dedication what we told students they could achieve. I taught in a predominately black school (85%) for many years and it was the most satisfying years of my career. I loved and admired those young people. We told them they could do what they wanted in this world if they worked hard enough and today Barack Obama has shown us that is true. His young years were not stable but he had a family that loved him and that made such a difference. It makes me teary to know that his beloved grandmother died the day before he realized his dream. I just hope he will be safe during his years in office. There are some crazy people in this world.













































We have been riding around this morning looking at the beautiful trees.
Last year this time I was doing some work in my kitchen and choosing a color to paint. I chose a lovely orange and I have wondered what color I would have chose if it had been spring instead of fall. I love working in my kitchen and I don't regret the color one bit. I love the Georgia O'Keefe prints and she uses a lot of orange. My daughter says don't say orange mother say melon! My daughter brought me a pottery bowl back from a visit to Texas and I used those colors for my inspiration. I should use those colors for a quilt.

















6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Beautiful pottery platter! And a beautiful, exciting new day in America!

Diane said...

Wonderful inspiration piece!

CT said...

I love all the art on that wall!!!! My house was painted on autum as well... and guess what color it is?


ORANGE

and YELLOW... and a bit of sage green

jacquie said...

it's such a great day for america. so many kids have hope today that they didn't have yesterday. i saw a different kind of joy in people's faces last night. did my heart good.

Carol E. said...

I love that bowl!

Finn said...

Hi Nana, I had to pop over and say thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Your tree pictures are truly lovely, and I LOVE that bowl. I also, am a huge fan of Georgia O'Keefe, have been for many years. Her work is truly inspiring. I'll be back to read more. Hugs, Finn