Saturday, November 8, 2008

Neat quilt

A good friend of my daughter sent me pictures of the quilt she made from t-shirts she collected during college. She and my daughter were sorority sisters at Chapel Hill. They were members of Kappa Kappa Gamma. What a creative way to preserve those memories of your college years.






















I also have my own personal Charlotte. My son noticed Charlotte yesterday when he came to pick up the grandson. The beauty in a spider web is fascinating. The grandson had a bad day yesterday. He woke up throwing up and spent the day being cared for by his Nana. He has not been sick hardly at all because he stays here with us and doesn't go to day care. I felt so sorry for him yesterday, he just could not understand what was going on.









I have another book recommendation. St. Dale by Sharon McCrumb. It is about a group of people that go on a Dale Earnhardt memorial tour. You don't have to be a NASCAR fan to enjoy the book but I guarantee you will learn something about car racing.







3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Is that the front and back of one quilt? Or did she make 2 quilts? Love the border!

Cher said...

ah, tee shirts quilts, I made one for my brother and maybe one day I will make another. love the autumn tree photos

Lurline said...

Great quilt/quilts? Hope your little man is better and didn't go near Charlotte!
Hugs - Lurline!