Sunday, November 2, 2008

Exhibit

We went to a very interesting art exhibit the other day. Here are some of the things we saw. The picture of the shoes was taken by my uncle in Copenhagen. He is a great photographer, always taking pictures of the family. He has done some excellent work. We are so fortunate to have someone chronicling our family activities. I like the orderliness of the picture, reminds me of a quilt top.











The two small watercolors are by my friend Brenda, who is a hair dresser. The one of the nun is titled The Original Terrorist. I told her that was controversial and she said she was raised Catholic so she could do it.




























The small quilts are by a friend of Brenda's. I wish you could see the detail on her work, it is amazing. The figures are appliquéd on the background. She has also combined hand quilting, machine quilting and embellishing. I was so disappointed to see that whoever did the displays had placed some objects on top of the quilts making them hard to see.










































3 comments:

Donna said...

those quilted figures are very exhuberant, I feel like running around with them :-) And while the title of the picture of the nun might be controversial, I think its very funny....

jovaliquilts said...

You have some very talented friends and family! The quilted angels are wonderful, so joyful and fun!

Sharon said...

What great art work! Those little quilts are very fun. You know some very talented people!