Sunday, November 23, 2008

Productive week

I have had a very productive week and an especially productive Sunday afternoon. I machine quilted the quilt that my aunt made for my daughters Israeli friend's baby and one of the D9P for my daughter in law to give one of her friends.
I posted some blocks several weeks ago and Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio suggested pot holders or hot mats. I thought what a great idea. Maybe I am late to the party and some of you have been doing hot mats forever but not me. I did a little internet research and ordered Insul-Bright. It is similar to batting but it supposedly reflects the heat. The package says to use one layer of their product and a layer of thin cotton batting.











































Well let me just tell you I have had a ball making these hot mats the last two days. I have so many ideas for more in my head. There is a group of 5 of us who went to school together. Some of us have been friends since the second grade, (sort of sick isn't it). We meet once a month for din
ner. I made each one of them a Christmas hot mat. Then I started to think of all the people I could make one for: my grandson's teacher, some of my other friends, my sister in law. It is just like making a mini-quilt, but in a hour or so.

This is a not Christmas one and the back. I love some green and purple.






















5 comments:

Lurline said...

Thanks for the inspiration - I have taken note of that!
Hugs - Lurline!

Cher said...

those small projects are a welcome change from the larger quilts-they all look terrific

jovaliquilts said...

These are really cute! I bought some insulbrite but haven't used it yet. Are the potholders really heat resistant with that?

Tonya Ricucci said...

very fun. I think it's marvelous to have stayed in touch with friends for that long.

jacquie said...

i ordered some insulbrite too. i hope it works. these are great!!