Thursday, January 15, 2009

Esther

I started a really cool Bible study at my church last night. It is a Beth Moore course, Esther, It's Tough Being a Woman. There were about 15 women in the class, some young and some not so young. It is fascinating. There is a lot of history in the book of Esther and she was an amazing woman. Queen Vashti was a very interesting woman also. I think the whole course will be very fulfilling. It is also good to get together with other women that are dealing with similar life experiences. Beth Moore had an interesting point in her video last night. She said it is good to be weak because then you can allow the Lord to come into your life and help you. I have thought a lot about that point and find it intriguing. We all try to be so strong and when we aren't we feel like failures. Maybe we should just give in and look to a higher power.
















I am trying to cook for my son and very pregnant daughter in law at least once a week. we have only about 2 1/2 weeks to go until we welcome another grandson. It is so exciting. I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner tonight since our Thanksgiving Day was interrupted by a trip to the ER with my mother. I cooked a turkey breast, dressing, gravy, sweet potatoes and green beans. Evidently it was good because there wasn't much left. Total comfort food and enjoyed by all. It is going to be very cold here tonight. I dont know how those of you in the frozen north stand it. Bring the animals in tonight and crawl under the covers!!

No comments: